Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen?

+9
GamerGuy1975
Thethundara
gamingbeast4lifeson
MBParadox
Nin10doUltra
Leonk4
DragonChi
Shokio
Supersonicwarbear
13 posters

Go down

Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen? Empty Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen?

Post by Supersonicwarbear Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Since the Gamecube is the new N64 and now that the gamecube is now considerd "Retro" gamecube games might be coming to the wii u in Digital format. and since a gamecube game is Way smaller(GB wise) than curent gen games it might happen but only time can tell if Nintendo adds Gamecube to the virtual console

Supersonicwarbear
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen? Empty Re: Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen?

Post by Shokio Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 pm

They'd be stupid not to, and it'd be the obvious thing to do............which makes me think Nintendo WON'T do it.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen? Empty Re: Gamecube to come to wii U virtual console this gen?

Post by Supersonicwarbear Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 pm

The gamecube was my Favorite console of Gen 6 i had 2 of them and a whole slew of games for it Alot of Amazing games on there and if nintendo sold them for 20-30$ they would be rolling in cash so it be a smart decicion lets hope nintendo dose the smart thing here

Supersonicwarbear
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 am

I am pretty sure they have already said that they will have Gamecube games purchasable through the eshop. It is only fair, considering that the Wii U is not compatible with Gamecube Discs. In this day and age for gaming consoles, you can come to expect this kind of virtual support.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonk4 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 am

the wii u wiil get gamecube game granted they won't be mario sunshine but more like wave race bluestorm luigi's mansion melee and pikimin launch and launch window games and I don't think from the start of the wii u but a little after
Leonk4
Leonk4
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:37 pm

i hope so gamecube games come the wii u eshop
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

That would be awesome, If I can't find the prime trilogy I'll just be able to digitally purchase the first two.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersonicwarbear Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm

if they do they be Rollin in $$$$

Supersonicwarbear
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 pm

I wonder, would the games be digitally up scaled to 1080p?
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm

MBParadox wrote:I wonder, would the games be digitally up scaled to 1080p?
It could be possible since the virtual console games on wii were upscaled
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 pm

gamingbeast4lifeson wrote:
MBParadox wrote:I wonder, would the games be digitally up scaled to 1080p?
It could be possible since the virtual console games on wii were upscaled
Hot damn. Luigi's Mansion, Twilight Princess, and Super Mario Sunshine all upscaled to 1080p without an emulator. I just might have to uninstall dolphin.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Didn't they already say that they would include GameCube games on the Wii U virtual console?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGuy1975 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

What I would really like to see on the eShop would be Wind Waker.
If Nintendo will put up Wind Waker at a reasonable price, I would be stoked.

GamerGuy1975
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 pm

You can buy a GameCube and games to go with it at any proper store. Also, you can buy a Model 1 Wii and play on that.

It would be kind of pointless. Also, it would be DLC, which is the wrong way to go about it.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Seems logical
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Lupucillo wrote:You can buy a GameCube and games to go with it at any proper store. Also, you can buy a Model 1 Wii and play on that.

It would be kind of pointless. Also, it would be DLC, which is the wrong way to go about it.
maybe but nintendo still would make some money from it. I would buy them for sure
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:03 pm

gamingbeast4lifeson wrote:
Lupucillo wrote:You can buy a GameCube and games to go with it at any proper store. Also, you can buy a Model 1 Wii and play on that.

maybe but nintendo still would make some money from it. I would buy them for sure

Whatever. Not like I have stock in the company. Personally, I want a physical copy of what I buy, not rented air which will inevitably disappear sooner or later.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 am

Some are almost impossible to find so it would b easier to just download from the eShop. Also, if they re-release any GC games some of them might be redid in HD so I wouldn't mind it. And of course it'd be cheaper, depending on the game, than going to Gamestop or buying from a re-seller.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 am

Soxas wrote:Some are almost impossible to find so it would b easier to just download from the eShop. Also, if they re-release any GC games some of them might be redid in HD so I wouldn't mind it.

GameCube games are already in high-definition, you can display them in progressive scan on a Model 1 GameCube with RGB, D-Terminal or Component Video cables, or on a Model 1 Wii via RGB, D-Terminal or Component Video. They don't need to redo anything.

There's also licensing problems. Some of the best GameCube games were developed by second and third parties, and the contracts expired. That's one reason we didn't get Star Fox on the Wii Virtual Console, because it was developed by Argonaut Software. Regardless, I can go and play Star Fox any day I like because I bought the SNES cartridge for $55 in 1993, and it's been 19 years since.

Physical media is always better in the long run. DLC is rented air, and it ain't going to be there forever. The more we buy DLC, the more we relinquish our rights to ownership as consumers.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm

In that case we could just go back and buy all of the consoles for the virtual console games.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm

MBParadox wrote:

In that case we could just go back and buy all of the consoles for the virtual console games.

If you're smart, that's the way to go.

But some Virtual Console games are over 25 years old, so there is a good reason for them to distribute them on Nintendo eShop.

GameCube is barely 10 years old. They haven't even sold all their GameCube stock. It's better to get a GameCube and the discs while they're still available.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am

Lupucillo wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

If you're smart, that's the way to go.

But some Virtual Console games are over 25 years old, so there is a good reason for them to distribute them on Nintendo eShop.

GameCube is barely 10 years old. They haven't even sold all their GameCube stock. It's better to get a GameCube and the discs while they're still available.
Well if were talking about GameCube specifically, I'm not quite sure how they have not sold all their stock, also when considering its hardware is hard to get a hold of(console, games, controllers especially).
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 am

I hope they do it!
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down