Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

+18
MBParadox
geoala92
sketdansuu
jdix14
SebTH
DomesticHausCat
Sontae
Saxrebel
fireheart4560
ImmaGamerGuy
JB-the-Hunter
gamingbeast4lifeson
loganku
Nin10doUltra
Shokio
xwatchmanx
Nintengod
DragonChi
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

Post by DragonChi Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:40 am

I'd like to bring this article to your guys attention.

Go to WiiUdaily dot com and look for the article entitled "Wii U Zelda coming in 2014, will be biggest Zelda game ever" (I can't post links yet)

Now...people are mostly saying this is fake, and they are probably right. However, be that the case or not, it is the details that have caught my interest as perhaps something that they COULD be doing.

There is nothing to say that it is not possible. I think it is fair to say that the next Zelda will be a very big deal and may be close to what this is describing. The potential is certainly there.

It is a good read anyway, have a look and share your thoughts. This will spark many a conversation.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

DragonChi wrote:I'd like to bring this article to your guys attention.

Go to WiiUdaily dot com and look for the article entitled "Wii U Zelda coming in 2014, will be biggest Zelda game ever" (I can't post links yet)

Now...people are mostly saying this is fake, and they are probably right. However, be that the case or not, it is the details that have caught my interest as perhaps something that they COULD be doing.

There is nothing to say that it is not possible. I think it is fair to say that the next Zelda will be a very big deal and may be close to what this is describing. The potential is certainly there.

It is a good read anyway, have a look and share your thoughts. This will spark many a conversation.

I just hope the part about "Keeping the Skyward Sword artstyle" is not true lol. I liked the art style but I love twilight princess art style even more.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by fireheart4560 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I would like to see nintendo actually build a world again like they did in Majora's Mask. Ever since wind waker Nintendo went back to making NPC's that do nothing. Every NPC in majoras mask are actually doing something and the world always changed throughout the 3-day cycle. Well they cant really repeat the world changing everyday again but at least make the NPC's interesting and not 1 dimensional.
fireheart4560
fireheart4560
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxrebel Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

fireheart4560 wrote:I would like to see nintendo actually build a world again like they did in Majora's Mask. Ever since wind waker Nintendo went back to making NPC's that do nothing. Every NPC in majoras mask are actually doing something and the world always changed throughout the 3-day cycle. Well they cant really repeat the world changing everyday again but at least make the NPC's interesting and not 1 dimensional.

YES! The Majora's Mask is one of the 3 CONSOLE Zelda's I haven't beaten yet, and I have to say, they outdid themselves with it. If they use the TP artstyle, with a day/night system like Majora's Mask (and have things change by the weeks) it would be killer.

I also really like the Majora's Mask atmosphere, along side it's lively community. They really need to go back to that, it's the most unique to me.

So, TP style with a Majora's Mast like atmosphere and overworld that's lively and everychanging.

I would also like a FSA remake for the Wii U as a downloadable game with online 4 player co-op and 2 player local.
Saxrebel
Saxrebel
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sontae Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 am

You know I see so many Zelda fans these days complain about the NPC's and how the world needs to seem more like a community, you know what I want? I want more enemies, more fighting, in the old Zelda games you were ALWAYS fighting, Skyward Sword had that more than any of the other console Zelda games, but in return it was bashed for seeming like an empty world with no towns (which the story explained why)
Sontae
Sontae
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 pm

fireheart4560 wrote:I would like to see nintendo actually build a world again like they did in Majora's Mask. Ever since wind waker Nintendo went back to making NPC's that do nothing. Every NPC in majoras mask are actually doing something and the world always changed throughout the 3-day cycle. Well they cant really repeat the world changing everyday again but at least make the NPC's interesting and not 1 dimensional.

That is a great point. We REALLY need more NPC's that aren't just stagnant and ultimately has no purpose, save from being a vendor or supplying a few lines of scripted dialoque now and again. They never seemed like they had a real LIFE or larger purpose. I very much want to see a world that is much more lively and intelligent. As well as being more integrated into side quests and maybe even the larger story arch much like Majora's Mask does pretty well, for its time.

if there is one advancement that needs to be expanded upon it is Artificial Intelligence with NPC's.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by DomesticHausCat Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 am

Saxrebel wrote:
YES! The Majora's Mask is one of the 3 CONSOLE Zelda's I haven't beaten yet, and I have to say, they outdid themselves with it.

Dude you know what you have to do now? Start playing it on December 18 and you will have three days before it is 12/21/12. AKA the day the world is supposedly going to end. I'm so gonna do this during these three "apocalyptic" days, it's gonna be sooooo fun! Very Happy

As for what I want with the newest Zelda game, I want to be blown away. This is going to be the first HD Zelda, so it better look like the demo IMO. Essentially, I want the overworld to be set up sort of like WW. Not in the sense that it's a huge sea, but in the sense that it's a GIGANTIC world. Well, for a Zelda game at least. I mean, imagine the awesomeness of a lush green Hyrule as big as the WW sea, but with as much diversity as the MM overworld! And with all of it in HD?! My brain would explode from overloading awesomeness! That's the number one thing I'm asking for really.

Also the game needs to be longer than usual. I find it rather silly that A Link to the Past, the third game in the series of 15 or so has the most dungeons by far. If you include Ganon's Castle then Link to the Past has 12 dungeons, crushing the second place holder Ocarina of Time with its 8 to 10 dungeons. Depending if you count the well and the training grounds that is. I mean really, it's 2012! Can we get at least 10 really great dungeons in this? Really come on!
DomesticHausCat
DomesticHausCat
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 am

I completely agree. This world needs to be freakin HUUUGE. At LEAST as big as Wind Waker. That would be fantastic. Given that the system will be using a 25Gig capacity disc medium. This is now expected.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:26 am

[quote="DragonChi"]Myself?

While this may sound counter to what they have doing so far. By means, using a first person view.
uh, not trolling but you realize that view is through Links EYES right?

anyway I would like a top down game if its a remake, maybe make LTTP 3D?
as for something like 4 swords, You could use the wii U to play online: and play it like you would OoT.
The Camera in a 3rd person view, with 4 player lobbies you make up of your friends.

the gamepad like in the Zelda HD tech demo could be used for screen UI, and Mapping/Items
much like OoT 3D but with your hearts and Action button icon on the gamepad.
with a mic built in you can maybe talk to each other to keep in contact to solve teamwork puzzles and so on.

Nintendo most likely won't DO any of this, cause when they make zelda games, they cater to the console its on.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by jdix14 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am

Id like to see the next zelda game with an open world. At least twice as large as Xenoblades. And non linear gameplay.
jdix14
jdix14
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sketdansuu Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I really hope they give us options because motion plus was so intuitive and felt very natural
sketdansuu
sketdansuu
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:15 pm

sketdansuu wrote:I really hope they give us options because motion plus was so intuitive and felt very natural
I think this is a good compromise so people like you and me can use motion controls, and other people can use regular controls. Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BoEzdrcbns&feature=plcp
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

http://backloggery.com/xwatchmanx; nerdreviewstechnology.blogspo

Back to top Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? - Page 2 Empty Graphic change

Post by geoala92 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:45 pm

i would love to see a new graphical style on the next zelda game for the wii u.

geoala92
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:30 pm

I don't know whether or not I'm alone on this but, I want a Zelda game in which Hyrule goes to war, Link is just a simple Hylian Knight but due to the observation of skill in battle is promoted to a general, commanding an army. There could even be this rival character like groose who would screw with you in the Knight Academy and later regret after you're promoted to general.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:36 pm

MBParadox wrote:I don't know whether or not I'm alone on this but, I want a Zelda game in which Hyrule goes to war, Link is just a simple Hylian Knight but due to the observation of skill in battle is promoted to a general, commanding an army. There could even be this rival character like groose who would screw with you in the Knight Academy and later regret after you're promoted to general.
I don't want Link commanding any armies, but a Zelda game taking place in the middle of a Hylian war would be really cool.

That said, how would that fit in with the lonely dungeon exploration, etc? I'm not sure they could make a game with that "scale" of conflict without losing the heart of the game.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Simple. Alongside having the main story about Hyrule at war, you could also have a more personal story alongside that revolves around just link, sort of like majoras mask. Oh also, other generals as boss battles.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 am

A war would be a nice cinematic option
and nintendo does have the story flexible enough for it
Like Pre-Skyward Sword
Or before LTTP
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am

SebTH wrote:A war would be a nice cinematic option
and nintendo does have the story flexible enough for it
Like Pre-Skyward Sword
Or before LTTP
I don't think pre-Skyward Sword would work (since SS Link is supposed to be the first Hero, who helped forge the Master Sword), or pre- A Link to the Past would work since the Link in aLttP is the first Hero since OoT Link's defeat in the "downfall" timeline split.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm

A war would be a nice setting for the series.

I would also like to see a faster combat system and just like SS no Ganon as the main villain give us someone new again.

A larger overworld with expansion on cities and towns.

Have Link be apart of a story other than his own personal quest.

Return to a more 'realistic' graphic style
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:01 pm

The Real Riggz wrote:
I would also like to see a faster combat system and just like SS no Ganon as the main villain give us someone new again.
We haven't had Ganon for 6 years, though. I think he's long overdue for a comeback.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 pm

xwatchmanx wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:
We haven't had Ganon for 6 years, though. I think he's long overdue for a comeback.
It really depends where the next game takes place on the timeline that determines whether or not he returns.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 pm

xwatchmanx wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:

He's also been around for nearly 20 years, just like Bowser and Robotnik these guys are just starting to get stale to me.
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 am

First off before anything I need that T.P. artstyle back -_- Nintendo basically sealed their own fate by showing that Wii U tech demo off 2 years ago and a lot of people are gonna be pissed if they don't use the same artstyle. Other than that though I want some different places to explore im a little tired of the same old theme dungeons and what not. And it''d be awesome if some characters (NOT LINK) could get some voice acting.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Soxas wrote:First off before anything I need that T.P. artstyle back -_- Nintendo basically sealed their own fate by showing that Wii U tech demo off 2 years ago and a lot of people are gonna be pissed if they don't use the same artstyle. Other than that though I want some different places to explore im a little tired of the same old theme dungeons and what not. And it''d be awesome if some characters (NOT LINK) could get some voice acting.
Anyone in favor of them speaking actual Hylian, like Zelda did at the beginning of skyward sword?
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Remember, the bigger the world, the buggier.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next