Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch

+3
ChaosLord121
Thethundara
BigPhaben
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch Empty Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch

Post by BigPhaben Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch 8200261600_74e53d71f1

During the first day of the Nintendo Wii U’s public availability yesterday, multiple technical issues with the new system were reported all over the web, with a post on CVG summing the majority of them up nicely. According to the post, several users who bought their consoles and began downloading the system update to allow for internet access features ran into some major trouble if the power or internet connections were ever stopped. Their results? Bricked consoles.

While a warning on Nintendo’s website advises users not to unplug their systems during the update, no such warning appears on the GamePad or television screens during the update. While it may seem like common sense to leave the system plugged in during a big, 5gb update, it’s also understandable that some users might try to restart their systems if the update were to stall. When they’re unplugged mid-update, however, the systems are reportedly to be unusable after the fact.

I know for a fact that yesterday, IGD’s Lawrence Sonntag kept getting error messages during the first hour or so he tried to download the update. For myself, when I tried downloading, it moved so slowly that I worried that the system had frozen a few times. Luckily, neither one of us cut the power, and our systems still work.

A less important, but no less annoying, Wii U feature was also experiencing big problems on day one: Miiverse, Nintendo’s new social network-style service that was supposed to allow users to send each other messages and post about the games they were playing. Throughout the day, Miiverse seemed to offer error messages and limited or no connectivity. Nintendo posted on their site that the Miiverse was experiencing some issues. Nintendo of America’s Twitter account even posted about the problem, citing the high number of users all connecting at once as the culprit:

@NintendoAmerica
So many Miis have jumped on Miiverse that some may be having problems connecting to the service. We are in the engine room getting it fixed!

It remains to be seen whether or not these problems will persist—and if they will, for how long. As of this writing, the Miiverse seems to be back up and running as it should…

Anyone out there grab a Wii U on day one? Despite the Miiverse issues, I’m still having a good time exploring the new console and I’m excited for some more games…and high definition Super Mario is fantastic. I’m still in the honeymoon period (and it helps that my system wasn’t bricked, too). So if you got one, what do you think? Did you experience any of these or other problems?

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/11/19/technical-issues-mar-wii-u-launch/
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch Empty Re: Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd hate to be the guy who just turned off the power during that update, and just wasted 300 dollars worth on the first next-gen system. That must suuuuuuuuck.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Thethundara wrote:I'd hate to be the guy who just turned off the power during that update, and just wasted 300 dollars worth on the first next-gen system. That must suuuuuuuuck.

At the same time it makes me glad I didn't buy one at launch yet
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm

BigPhaben wrote:
Thethundara wrote:I'd hate to be the guy who just turned off the power during that update, and just wasted 300 dollars worth on the first next-gen system. That must suuuuuuuuck.

Me too.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosLord121 Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Thethundara wrote:
BigPhaben wrote:

Me too.
Me three.
ChaosLord121
ChaosLord121
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosLord121

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

My thing is why would anyone turn off the system during an update on any system? I've been trained by multiple games and systems to not turn off the system while loading, saving, and updating. That's just me though.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Soxas wrote:My thing is why would anyone turn off the system during an update on any system? I've been trained by multiple games and systems to not turn off the system while loading, saving, and updating. That's just me though.

6 words: Very, very, very, very, casual gamers
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:My thing is why would anyone turn off the system during an update on any system? I've been trained by multiple games and systems to not turn off the system while loading, saving, and updating. That's just me though.

7 words: Very, very, very, very STUPID casual gamers.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Exactly.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 am

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

1 word: Retards.
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 am

Meh, the technical issues are so painfully exaggerated it really doesn't matter.

But yeah, if you unplug the console during an update it bricks. Nintendo is fixing them for free of course.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 am

luckily im not stupid and don't ever EVER leave my system when its downloading anything.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 am

Now people are complaining that there's a rattle sound when you shake the controller and they think it's because the controller is poorly made while the smart people figured out that it's the ABXY buttons on the right. They're made a little loose like that for a reason. I swear this world -_-
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 am

haters find any ANY exploit to bitch about.

Look at Xbawx fanboys for example.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

SebTH wrote:haters find any ANY exploit to bitch about.

I remember one time I talked with a X-bot and he said that the 360 is better than the PS3 because it has Netflix.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Thethundara wrote:

I remember one time I talked with a X-bot and he said that the 360 is better than the PS3 because it has Netflix.

I think my IQ just dropped by 50% =_=
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:20 pm

BigPhaben wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

I think my IQ just dropped by 50% =_=

That's what happens when you talk down on a system you hardly know anything about. Neutral
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Nintendo got right on to fixing Miiverse, like they should, and some people even go to blame Nintendo because they are the ones that cut power during a system update. To me it sounds like there was only one very minimal, very quickly solved, actual technical issue.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Thethundara wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH XD
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

MBParadox wrote:Nintendo got right on to fixing Miiverse, like they should, and some people even go to blame Nintendo because they are the ones that cut power during a system update. To me it sounds like there was only one very minimal, very quickly solved, actual technical issue.
That's the difference between Nintendo and the other companies. Not even a day after complaints they've already started working on the "issues" the Wii U has.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH XD

Yes... and I WAS that X-bot.

Surprise.

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT58HFjPSnsgAtnHpYOTcYhD8TqVPx7xLoOXlK8gTBs564nMevCGKnRbngA
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:Nintendo got right on to fixing Miiverse, like they should, and some people even go to blame Nintendo because they are the ones that cut power during a system update. To me it sounds like there was only one very minimal, very quickly solved, actual technical issue.
That's the difference between Nintendo and the other companies. Not even a day after complaints they've already started working on the "issues" the Wii U has.
Its definitely not like the PSN hacks.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH XD

Yes... and I WAS that X-bot.

Surprise.

Technical Issues Mar Wii U Launch Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT58HFjPSnsgAtnHpYOTcYhD8TqVPx7xLoOXlK8gTBs564nMevCGKnRbngA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA X9999999 XDD
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Exactly and if anything like that happens then it definitely won't be for as long as it was for PSN was out.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Exactly and if anything like that happens then it definitely won't be for as long as it was for PSN was out.
I heard Nintendo hired a Senior Network Coordinator that worked for Disney a while back.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum