Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U

3 posters

Go down

Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U Empty Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U

Post by Xanthos Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 am

cinemablend . com/games/Gearbox-Explains-Why-Borderlands-2-Wasn-t-Wii-U-49701.html

7 Day rule for new members on the above link!

I'm unaware if this is true or not, but it seems plausible.

One of the biggest third-party games of the year that recently came out this fall and didn't have a launch slate for the Nintendo Wii U is obviously Borderlands 2, with Hitman: Absolution coming in a close second. So why the hang-up? Why no Borderlands 2 for Wii U? Because there was no awesome factor to factor-in.

Nintendo Everything was tipped off to a quote from Randy Pitchford made in the recent issue of GamesMaster Magazine, where the president of Gearbox stated...

“We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands, and the reason why there’s not is because we couldn’t think of a natural, obvious, ‘OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table’ feature.”

“But with Aliens, the first thing we thought was ‘Holy sh*t, I can have a motion controller in my hands!’ When it’s there in my lap it feels like I’m part of the movie.”

Fair enough.

But it would have seemed like the team would have at least attempted to port over Borderlands 2 just for the sake of milking sales. I guess unlike some other publishers out there, Gearbox didn't want to wear thin the Borderlands name just for a few extra dollar bills.

Although, I could see how a game like Borderlands 2 could make use of the Wii U's GamePad, especially when it comes to inventory management, checking weapon stats and fiddling around with character profile information. While that stuff isn't terribly important, it could have worked as a simplified means of convenience.

Still, Wii U owners won't have to worry about being bereft of Gearbox titles. There's still Aliens: Colonial Marines on the horizon and the game is no meager port either, so Nintendo fans still have that to look forward to on their brand new next-gen console.
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Guitaristx1986

Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U Empty Re: Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:13 am

Uhhhh, Menus system? Improved motion aiming? Those are features that are actually bigger than one would expect.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U Empty Re: Borderlands 2, Why it Skipped the Wii U

Post by Xanthos Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 am

I actually tweeted randy pitchford about using the gamepad as a menu screen, as it would make it harder in single player, having the menu always there, means you can't pause and have to have strategy before working with the menu.

Could use it to active the other skills that are in the skill trees, lay them out like an MMO hotbar.

Theres alot of things that can be done with it.
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 am

I just posted this on my same thread created on the gearbox forums.

A port would be nice, but as many people keep saying BL is slowly becoming an MMO i thought of an idea that would piss them off Very Happy

As you all know, throughout the skill trees for each character theres several skills that are activated at certain times, or in certain circumstances.

Imaging if you could activate them at any time you want (while using your action skill or not, as most of the game changers require your action skill to be in use) and have on the very lower of the screen, a hotbar (MMO style Razz) and with just 1 tap, that gamechanger skill gets used.

Alot of people wouldn't like it, but hell, they don't HAVE to use it (reminds me of the Bee argument) but it would make for some interesting gameplay aspects.
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Maybe he will take it into consideration.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Devs need to find a good balance between sticking to what they do best and taking ideas or listening to their fanbase. Games would be almost perfect if they did.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Soxas wrote:Devs need to find a good balance between sticking to what they do best and taking ideas or listening to their fanbase. Games would be almost perfect if they did.
Valve is the best example.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 am

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:Devs need to find a good balance between sticking to what they do best and taking ideas or listening to their fanbase. Games would be almost perfect if they did.
Valve is the best example.
Exactly. Just wish others would do the same thing :/
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am

Well Gearbox has been taking suggestions on how to make borderlands 2 a better experience (with some outrage from other who play the games).

They made a major change to one of the items in their game.

If anyone has it on another console or PC, they'll know what "the bee" is.

For those who don't know, it's an extremely powerful shield (well it was, but more on that further on), the level 50 version of this shield, had low capacity, very fast recharge, very low recharge delay and something called "Amp Damage".

For those who don't know what amp damage is:

When a shield is fully charged, every shot fired will do bonus damage, based on the amount of Amp Damage the shield has.

Normal Amp Shields, when fired with Amp Damage, reduce shield capacity a little, so you can't fire 2 amp shots consecutively, the bee on the other hand, had 0 amp shot reduction, meaning that every shot fired had the added Amp Damage.

The reason people wanted this shield nerfed was that the level 50 bee shield added 50k damage with amp shots. Rapid fire guns where good for this, but it really shined with a shotgun, any shotgun really, but one specific shotgun was always used, this being the conference call.

When fired it would send 7 pellets directly infront, (which is at first an extra 350k damage) but along its initial trajectory, it would fire out extra pellets to the left and right, 7 pellets left and 7 pellets to the right, it done this 4 or 5 times on each shot, and when shooting directly into a massive boss, it would kill it in just 2 hits.

Some players didn't like this, so Gearbox nerfed the shield, i don't have the exact specifics of the shield because i never used it before or after the nerf, but they listened to the consumers and made the game better.
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Xanthos wrote:Well Gearbox has been taking suggestions on how to make borderlands 2 a better experience (with some outrage from other who play the games).

They made a major change to one of the items in their game.

If anyone has it on another console or PC, they'll know what "the bee" is.

For those who don't know, it's an extremely powerful shield (well it was, but more on that further on), the level 50 version of this shield, had low capacity, very fast recharge, very low recharge delay and something called "Amp Damage".

For those who don't know what amp damage is:

When a shield is fully charged, every shot fired will do bonus damage, based on the amount of Amp Damage the shield has.

Normal Amp Shields, when fired with Amp Damage, reduce shield capacity a little, so you can't fire 2 amp shots consecutively, the bee on the other hand, had 0 amp shot reduction, meaning that every shot fired had the added Amp Damage.

The reason people wanted this shield nerfed was that the level 50 bee shield added 50k damage with amp shots. Rapid fire guns where good for this, but it really shined with a shotgun, any shotgun really, but one specific shotgun was always used, this being the conference call.

When fired it would send 7 pellets directly infront, (which is at first an extra 350k damage) but along its initial trajectory, it would fire out extra pellets to the left and right, 7 pellets left and 7 pellets to the right, it done this 4 or 5 times on each shot, and when shooting directly into a massive boss, it would kill it in just 2 hits.

Some players didn't like this, so Gearbox nerfed the shield, i don't have the exact specifics of the shield because i never used it before or after the nerf, but they listened to the consumers and made the game better.
See this is normally done with online play. Like in Uncharted the FAL-SS (Single shot long gun) wasn't even fair to use. It only took about 3 or 4 hits to kill someone so they nerfed it. And then everyone switched to the G-MAL (3 shot burst) and it only took 6 bullets to kill someone and there was basically auto aim on it. So they then nerfed that gun. Then supposedly the M9 (like an AK-47 but faster shot fire and bigger clip capacity) had an unfair advantage with blind firing so they dumbed that down a little. Personally the M9 is my favorite gun but yeah I think Naughty Dog did a good job of fixing a lot of stuff wrong with the online of U3 and also bringing old favorites back from U2 so they're an example as well.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down