Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Wii U Adventure.

4 posters

Go down

My Wii U Adventure. Empty My Wii U Adventure.

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am

This is a story of how my Wii U situation went.

So of course like everyone else I got super pumped after seeing the live press conference they had in NY a couple months back revealing the price and release date of the Wii U. I got even more pumped when they announced a couple games I had no idea were coming to the system. I knew pre-orerders were live as soon as the price and release date for the systems were revealed but I still unfortunately didn't get my pre-order in anywhere. I got used to the fact that might not have the system on launch day like I had planned. Weeks went by and more awesome news came and went about the system and the hype continued. My body was quickly ready for this system that I wouldn't get on day 1.

Fast forward a couple more weeks..

It's the night before the Wii U launches here in the U.S. and frustration I once felt about not having the system day 1 resurfaces. I see gameplay of the games I want to play so badly it hurts and I can't help but pout and sigh all over my house lol. That night I slept surprisingly well and woke up to NSMBU gameplay galore. So to help myself get over this sadness i'm feeling I decided to watch a little gameplay for it. It looks extremely fun to play and only makes things worse. I realize to get rid of all of this sorrow that I must watch some anime and take a nap so I put on some Neon Alley on PS3 and watched Inuyasha. My brother was getting ready for work. He works at Toys R Us so imagine the frustration I felt when even when your brother works for one of the suppliers of the system you want and you still couldn't at least get a pre-order. The day before he brought up the fact that employees can hold items if they please but of course the store he works at only had enough units for the people who pre-ordered it. Tough luck huh? So as i'm dosing off into what I thought was going to be a pleasant nap I get a call. It's my brother. Weird because he never calls me. I pick up and he's in shock. Apparently as he was getting ready for his break after he was done handing everyone's Wii U's to whoever pre-ordered it him and a fellow co-worker were walking through the back where the boxes and products are held. His friend hit a box and stopped as his friend kept walking. He looked inside and there it was. An extra black, deluxe, and heavily packaged Wii U. He didn't say a thing because he knew everyone in the store was looking for one as well. He told me to tell my mother to get in the car and get down there as fast as she could before someone else bought it. She left and got there quickly as possible while I stayed home, waiting...

She finally comes home and it's done. She got the system. While she physically doesn't have the system she put $200 towards it on lay away and I should have it by the end of the week. The reaction at work after a couple employees found out what had happened was a monstrosity. But who the hell cares? I got my system on hold! Now all there's left to do is continue to play the waiting game..

The End.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

My Wii U Adventure. Empty Re: My Wii U Adventure.

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 am

Mmhm, Mmhm. Interesting. I want the Wii U so badly.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:51 am

Thethundara wrote:Mmhm, Mmhm. Interesting. I want the Wii U so badly.
I feel your pain man. It's gotten a little worse since I know I'm getting it but I can't have it right now. It'll all be over soon and i'll gladly add you on NN if you want ^-^
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 am

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:Mmhm, Mmhm. Interesting. I want the Wii U so badly.
I feel your pain man. It's gotten a little worse since I know I'm getting it but I can't have it right now. It'll all be over soon and i'll gladly add you on NN if you want ^-^

Nintendo Network? Later this year when I get my 3DS XL, sure. I'm not going to be getting the Wii U for a while, unfortunately.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 am

Heh. I don't think that's nearly as bad as my story. On the 15th of October I had pre-ordered the Wii U at Toys R US (Deluxe version) and waited two long months for the systems release. When I had woke up this morning the day it has launched I receive some bad news from my father after getting in the car to go to breakfast. Apparently Toys R Us sent an Email saying that the order has been cancelled due to high demand. After a several hour trip of freaking out we come back home and race to the computer trying every goddamn retailer there is calling multiple different store locations. Nadda. Zilch. After a few depressing hours I try again and find that although target says that multiple of their locations are in stock they are actually sold out. I find one store that says they had a shitload of Deluxe Wii U's and JUST SOLD THE LAST ONE. I lay there pissed off as could be when I look to my left and my father is checking the Email again and realizes he read it wrong. AFTER the order is processed you MIGHT receive an Email clarifying cancellation. Since we called support and it has finished processing I do hope it actually ships tomorrow instead of cancels.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 am

Soxas wrote:This is a story of how my Wii U situation went.

So of course like everyone else I got super pumped after seeing the live press conference they had in NY a couple months back revealing the price and release date of the Wii U. I got even more pumped when they announced a couple games I had no idea were coming to the system. I knew pre-orerders were live as soon as the price and release date for the systems were revealed but I still unfortunately didn't get my pre-order in anywhere. I got used to the fact that might not have the system on launch day like I had planned. Weeks went by and more awesome news came and went about the system and the hype continued. My body was quickly ready for this system that I wouldn't get on day 1.

Fast forward a couple more weeks..

It's the night before the Wii U launches here in the U.S. and frustration I once felt about not having the system day 1 resurfaces. I see gameplay of the games I want to play so badly it hurts and I can't help but pout and sigh all over my house lol. That night I slept surprisingly well and woke up to NSMBU gameplay galore. So to help myself get over this sadness i'm feeling I decided to watch a little gameplay for it. It looks extremely fun to play and only makes things worse. I realize to get rid of all of this sorrow that I must watch some anime and take a nap so I put on some Neon Alley on PS3 and watched Inuyasha. My brother was getting ready for work. He works at Toys R Us so imagine the frustration I felt when even when your brother works for one of the suppliers of the system you want and you still couldn't at least get a pre-order. The day before he brought up the fact that employees can hold items if they please but of course the store he works at only had enough units for the people who pre-ordered it. Tough luck huh? So as i'm dosing off into what I thought was going to be a pleasant nap I get a call. It's my brother. Weird because he never calls me. I pick up and he's in shock. Apparently as he was getting ready for his break after he was done handing everyone's Wii U's to whoever pre-ordered it him and a fellow co-worker were walking through the back where the boxes and products are held. His friend hit a box and stopped as his friend kept walking. He looked inside and there it was. An extra black, deluxe, and heavily packaged Wii U. He didn't say a thing because he knew everyone in the store was looking for one as well. He told me to tell my mother to get in the car and get down there as fast as she could before someone else bought it. She left and got there quickly as possible while I stayed home, waiting...

She finally comes home and it's done. She got the system. While she physically doesn't have the system she put $200 towards it on lay away and I should have it by the end of the week. The reaction at work after a couple employees found out what had happened was a monstrosity. But who the hell cares? I got my system on hold! Now all there's left to do is continue to play the waiting game..
Happy you got one man Very Happy
The End.
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:42 am

Do you have a 3DS? What's your friend code?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 am

Thethundara wrote:Do you have a 3DS? What's your friend code?
I do in the sig Smile
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am

MBParadox wrote:Heh. I don't think that's nearly as bad as my story. On the 15th of October I had pre-ordered the Wii U at Toys R US (Deluxe version) and waited two long months for the systems release. When I had woke up this morning the day it has launched I receive some bad news from my father after getting in the car to go to breakfast. Apparently Toys R Us sent an Email saying that the order has been cancelled due to high demand. After a several hour trip of freaking out we come back home and race to the computer trying every goddamn retailer there is calling multiple different store locations. Nadda. Zilch. After a few depressing hours I try again and find that although target says that multiple of their locations are in stock they are actually sold out. I find one store that says they had a shitload of Deluxe Wii U's and JUST SOLD THE LAST ONE. I lay there pissed off as could be when I look to my left and my father is checking the Email again and realizes he read it wrong. AFTER the order is processed you MIGHT receive an Email clarifying cancellation. Since we called support and it has finished processing I do hope it actually ships tomorrow instead of cancels.
Wow talk about misreading lmao Razz
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:Heh. I don't think that's nearly as bad as my story. On the 15th of October I had pre-ordered the Wii U at Toys R US (Deluxe version) and waited two long months for the systems release. When I had woke up this morning the day it has launched I receive some bad news from my father after getting in the car to go to breakfast. Apparently Toys R Us sent an Email saying that the order has been cancelled due to high demand. After a several hour trip of freaking out we come back home and race to the computer trying every goddamn retailer there is calling multiple different store locations. Nadda. Zilch. After a few depressing hours I try again and find that although target says that multiple of their locations are in stock they are actually sold out. I find one store that says they had a shitload of Deluxe Wii U's and JUST SOLD THE LAST ONE. I lay there pissed off as could be when I look to my left and my father is checking the Email again and realizes he read it wrong. AFTER the order is processed you MIGHT receive an Email clarifying cancellation. Since we called support and it has finished processing I do hope it actually ships tomorrow instead of cancels.
Yep. Now the scarier part is that I'm still waiting to see if its shipped.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm

DMP23 wrote:
I do in the sig Smile

Is it ok if I add you when I get my 3DS XL? What games do you have?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Have faith young lad!
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Have faith young lad!
Y'know what would be funnier that I just thought about? I pre-ordered my Wii U from Toys R Us.... what if youre brother had taken home my Wii U lol! . That would be awkward.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Have faith young lad!
Y'know what would be funnier that I just thought about? I pre-ordered my Wii U from Toys R Us.... what if youre brother had taken home my Wii U lol! . That would be awkward.
Lmfao XD I would die of laughter and guilt at the same time Razz
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Have faith young lad!
Lmfao XD I would die of laughter and guilt at the same time Razz
Luckily not though since my order has processed and they just need to ship it.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
I do in the sig Smile

Yes it's ok I have MK7 super street fighter iv and pokkemon
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

DMP23 wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
I do in the sig Smile

Cool, maybe we can play Super Street Fighter? Does that even have online?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 am

Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
I do in the sig Smile

Yes it does
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am

DMP23 wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
DMP23 wrote:
I do in the sig Smile

Yes it does

Alright, cool. Smile
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum