Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii U's True Potential

5 posters

Go down

Wii U's True Potential Empty Wii U's True Potential

Post by Lyve1 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 am

I saw an interesting video posted on YT today. Check it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ9zb0WTDM&feature=colike

I myself have wondered what lengths Nintendo would go to in order to keep their competitors on their toes.
We've seen the industry take notice of the Wii's mass market appeal. You'd be fooling yourself if you didn't believe Sony and MS are eager to take some of that casual market cake that Nintendo banked on this gen.
Is it possible that Nintendo would release two different developer kits in order to throw off MS and Sony?
I guess that may explain all the conflicting reports from developers regarding Wii U's hardware.(mainly cpu)

I don't know, what I do know is that most games that are ported from last gen systems to a new console are almost never pushing the new console's hardware and thus showing what that system can truly do.
Remember when gamers were calling the 360 Xbox 1.5? Look how far the Playstation and 360's graphics have come since their debuts in 2005 and 06. I don't think we'll really have any clue of what the Wii U can do until Nintendo starts releasing their major ip's. If Nintendo is anticipating the release of Sony and Microsoft's next gen consoles in 2013, than we may have our first glimpse of what they have planned at E3 13. What do you guys think? Is Nintendo hiding something in regards to the Wii U's true specs? Are the losses they're taking on the sale of each Wii U due to the Gamepad's production cost alone, or is their more under the hood than we're all expecting?
Lyve1
Lyve1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/lyvegamingnetwork

Back to top Go down

Wii U's True Potential Empty Re: Wii U's True Potential

Post by Lupucillo Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 am

I don't think Nintendo gives a shit what Microsoft or Sony are doing. Nintendo will do what Nintendo will do. Microsoft has carved their niche (United States and England markets) and will continue to market to that niche, and Sony is practically in the red and might just not be able to keep up with their overheads.

If graphics concern you the most, wait until 2016 or later, when the console develops its library and the programmers can get the most out of the hardware.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:01 pm

I agree with Lupi with Nintendo not caring about Sony and Microsoft do BUT I wouldn't be surprised if they're hiding something cuz let's face it, Nintendo IS always hiding something lmao. I mean just look at the whole Miiverse situation, they've said virtually nothing about. Whether what they have to say about it is negative or positive in our eyes, it's still a bit of a secret. All I gotta say is wait cuz that's all we can do at this point. When Nintendo is ready to let us know then that's when we'll know.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Nintendo's more than likely keeping their cards close to counter the PS4/720 announcements.
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Superfakerbros wrote:Nintendo's more than likely keeping their cards close to counter the PS4/720 announcements.

If you're going to have a successful business model, you have to know how to keep trade secrets. That way old Prodnose, Ficklegrubber and Slugworth don't get their grubby hands on your secrets.

*ahem* Sorry, huge Roald Dahl fan and couldn't help noticing your Mr. Wonka avatar.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Lupucillo wrote:
Superfakerbros wrote:Nintendo's more than likely keeping their cards close to counter the PS4/720 announcements.

If you're going to have a successful business model, you have to know how to keep trade secrets. That way old Prodnose, Ficklegrubber and Slugworth don't get their grubby hands on your secrets.

*ahem* Sorry, huge Roald Dahl fan and couldn't help noticing your Mr. Wonka avatar.
No worries and thanks. A lot of people seem to like my Willy Wonka avatars.
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 pm

The full potential of the Wii U will be truly realized by Nintendo's first party franchises.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum